Who We Are
SCDC was incorporated in 2007 and is one of the building blocks that the City of Surrey is using to make the City a more vibrant, sustainable and complete community.
SCDC’s mandate is to help advance the City’s financial, social, business and community goals through the development of the City’s surplus land holdings, strategic acquisition of properties ripe for redevelopment, and the acquisition of income generating properties.
What We Do
- Undertake real estate development projects which help achieve the City of Surrey’s objectives.
- Act as a catalyst and facilitator to accelerate beneficial development throughout the City.
- Partner with private sector partners on real estate development projects.
- Pursue the types of development serving more than financial objectives, which is undersupplied by the private sector.
- Provide an annual dividend to the City of Surrey.